Strength, Experience, Compassion And Courtesy
Christopher Paul Twyman
Christopher P. Twyman practices in the areas of commercial and general business litigation, banking law, creditor's rights law and criminal defense.
Mr. Twyman received his Bachelor of Arts from Georgetown University, where he majored in Government and minored in History. He obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Georgia School of Law, he was a member of Phi Alpha Delta and was named to the Order of Barristers. He also served as a pupil in the Joseph Henry Lumpkin Inn of Court. Mr. Twyman served as Executive Chair on the University of Georgia Moot Court Board and argued at the American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition in Boston, Massachusetts in 1998.
Mr. Twyman was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia in 1999. He is admitted to practice in all Georgia trial and appellate courts, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. Mr. Twyman is currently Vice President of the Rome Bar Association.
Mr. Twyman is also active throughout the Rome community. He currently serves as Vice President of the Boys & Girls Club, Northwest Ga., Inc. Board of Directors. He served as the 2004-2005 President of the Rome Exchange Club, and is a member of the Leadership Georgia Class of 2004. In 2004, the Fulton County Daily Report recognized Mr. Twyman was an attorney "On The Rise" in Georgia. Mr. Twyman was named a Barrister in the Joseph Henry Lumpkin Inn of Court in 2003.
Mr. Twyman is married to the former Tashia N. Ingram, and they have one daughter, Lauren Christa.
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. - 1999
- Georgetown University, Washington, Georgia
- B.A. - 1996
- Major: Government (International Relations Concentration)
Past Employment Positions
- Hine & Niedrach, P.C., Associate, 1999 to 2000
- Edward Hine, Jr., P.C., Associate, 2000 to 2003
- Hine & Twyman, P.C., Partner, 2004 to 2005
- Cox Byington, P.C., Partner, 2005
- Criminal Defense
- Estate Planning
- Banking Law
- Family Law
- Business Law & Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Georgia, 1999
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2000
- Leadership Georgia
- Barrister, Joseph Henry Lumpkin Inn of Court
- State v. Williams, Ga.App., S.E.2d (2005 WL 2357888), 2005, Ga. App.
- Wiggins v. State, 272 Ga.App. 414, 612 S.E.2d 598, 2005, Ga. App.
- Mitchell Family Development Co., Inc. v. Universal Textile Technologies, LLC, 268 Ga.App. 869, 602 S.E.2d 878, 2004, Ga.App.
- Mitchell Family Development Co., Inc. v. Universal Textile Technologies, LLC, 54 UCC Rep.Serv.2d 402, 4 FCDR 2652, 2004
- Anderson v. State, 265 Ga.App. 146, 592 S.E.2d 910, 4 FCDR 323, 2004, Ga. App.
- Carter v. State, 261 Ga.App. 204, 583 S.E.2d 126, 3 FCDR 1530, 2003, Ga. App.
- Baird v. Kelley, 250 Ga.App. 393, 551 S.E.2d 810, 1 FCDR 2141, 2001, Ga. App.